Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
November 6-10, 2023
When visiting the community, we ask all fellows to be presentable and comfortable (i.e. slacks, khaki pants, nice blouses, dresses, collared shirts). There are a few formal events in the schedule, so also bring 2-3 formal outfits. Outside of those visits, we recommend wearing comfortable clothing.
If you bring a guest with you to Ethiopia, you will be responsible for any costs, accommodations, and visa requirements associated with their travel. Guests outside of the convening community will not be allowed in the convening space. Guests will be allowed to attend the graduation ceremony and reception, but will otherwise not be able to attend convening-related events.
Children and caregivers are welcome to join fellows for convenings. However, AFHE can only write a visa invitation letter for fellows. Fellows may present invitation letters to the embassy while applying for visas. Additionally, fellows are responsible for covering all other costs associated with guests attending (such as flights, food, additional lodging, etc.). If a child is considered a “lap child” for the purpose of the flight, we can add that onto fellow tickets.
If you have to cancel your trip for any reason, please let Olivia Jefferson ([email protected]) know immediately.
Please note, if you cancel your trip after stipends have been issued, you are responsible for paying the funds back to The George Washington University. International fellows will be asked to wire the funds back. U.S. fellows will need to transfer the funds back or mail a check payable to The George Washington University. Sharon White ([email protected]) will reach out with further instructions, should this situation occur.
Flight changes after a ticket has been booked are not permitted. Please review our air travel policy here.
Please first reach out to Travel Leaders Corporate as they will be able to best assist you in the immediate need to reschedule a flight. We also recommend you talk with the airline agent at the gate for fastest assistance if you need to rebook a flight. You can also reach out to Shadelle Yancey or Olivia Jeffereson for assistance. Travel Leaders Corporate Agency (company that booked your individual flight) POCs:
- During regular business hours (8am – 5pm ET), please contact the travel leaders agent, Vickie Cunningham at +1 678-383-2424 or at [email protected].
- If you cannot reach Vickie during regular business hours, please call +1 (855) 771-9109 or +1 (678) 383-2424 and ask to speak to an agent to help with your flight.
- For assistance with your flights while overseas, please call travel leaders directly at +1 (706) 882-9381.
- For emergencies after hours, please call +1 (866) 297-9293.
- Olivia Jefferson | Cell/WhatsApp: +1 (864) 517-0040
- Shadelle Yancey | Cell/WhatsApp: +1 (434) 960-1115
You can upload photos you take in Ethiopia here.